In approximately 2-3 weeks, the Avalon building damaged by the January 21st fire will be demolished. Please sign this petition to allow the displaced residents of this tragedy an opportunity to salvage personal belongings.
- West New York – Studio at RiverTerrace, $2,040 per month – 520 sq ft luxury 1-bath studio at RiverTerrace in West New York. Call 319-520-5713 or email email@example.com.
- Weehawken – One Bedroom, $1,400 per month – furnished basement apartment with full size kitchen and private bathroom with Jacuzzi and Shower. Only 20 minutes to Port Authority by Bus or take the Weehawken Ferry – All utilities included – Heat, AC , Electric, and Internet. Washer and Dryer in the Building. Short Term and Long Term Rentals. Call Larry at 917-617-3266.
- Disaster housing assistance is now available through the New Jersey Housing Resource Center at NJHRC.gov. Displaced residents can search for temporary or permanent housing on The New Jersey Housing Resource Center at NJHRC.gov or by calling the bilingual toll free assistance line at 1-877-428-8844.
- Keller Williams City Life Realty in Hoboken are offering waived broker fees for any displaced Avalon Residents. Please call 201-659-8600 to connect with a local agent who can help at no cost. 55 Rivertrace Apartments in West New York is waiving Application fees, offering 1 month free on all 13 month rentals, and decreasing security deposit to $1,000 for qualified renters displaced from Avalon.
- Edgewater Life has multiple apartment listings in and around Edgewater. Also available is a directory of condos, townhomes and other apartment developments in Edgewater and neighboring communities along River Rd.
Health & Wellness
- Vantage Health Systems is offering therapy, free of charge and giving immediate appointments to Avalon victims and anyone in Edgewater who were affected. They can be reached at 201-567-0500 for additional information.
- The Fitness Factory Health Club at 521 River Rd is allowing anyone related to the fire — including non-club members — to come to the facility for a shower, coffee or to use the amenities.
- Ojas Center for Yoga and Ayurveda is offering complimentary yoga, meditation and Ayurveda classes to anyone from the Avalon or nearby buildings. Send an email, call or text to firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-927-2519.
- Eye Contact Vision Center of North Bergen at 7733 Bergenline Avenue in North Bergen is offering discounts on new glasses and contacts for residents affected by the fire who need replacements.
- Dr, Taryn Tapia of Eye Medics at 898 River Rd will give 6 months worth of contacts for free to displaced Avalon residents.
- Schlotzky’s at 39 Nathaniel Pl in Englewood is offering free meals to residents affected by the fire.
- Kidville in Englewood, NJ is offering free classes for children up to 6 years old that were affected by the fire.
- Hudson River Social Club would like to offer offer free haircuts to the residents affected by the fire.
- ModernDomicile located in Admiral’s Walk at 1033 River Road, Edgewater is offering a free 1 hour interior design consultation & up to 50% off Furniture and Accessories (*online or in our showroom) to displaced residents of the Avalon Community. Please contact us on 201-496-6706 for details.
- Mariner’s Bank at 935 River Rd has offered displaced residents free phone charging services, hot coffee and use of its rest room facilities. The branch will also provide check cashing services for non-customers.
- The Edgewater Free Public Library at 49 Hudson Ave. is offering displaced residents online assistance, electronic charging, scanning and other needs.
- Sleepy’s at 905 River Rd (Edgewater Towne Center) and 600 Promenade is offering 20% off for displaced residents.
- Westy Self Storage at 95 Hudson Ave in Norwood is offering 2 months of free storage along with Westy truck and Mover Concierge Service. For information please contact Tom Spina at 201-750-0111.
- Prestige Auto Repair at 98 Main St in Fort Lee is offering discounts on auto repairs to those affected by the fire. Please call Charlie at (201) 944-0101 for details.
- High Rise Dry Cleaners at 89 Main St in Fort Lee is offering everyone affected by the fire free wash and fold service and 50% off any dry cleaning they may need. Free pick up and delivery is also available.
- The Village Mat Laundromat at 65 Ridgefield Ave in Ridgefield Park is offering FREE wash and fold service along with FREE pick up and delivery to those residents affected by the fire.
- Hudson’s House of Play at 40 Riverwalk Place in West New York is collecting donations and offering free play for displaced families. Parents will also be able to use WiFi to make phone calls or work.
- Metropet Mobile Services, LLC will be offering free of charge pet transportation for the victims’ pets of the Edgewater Fire to any boarding facility or animal shelters, etc., in Hudson County and Bergen County.
- The Doggie Chalet is offering free boarding to any dogs who resided at Avalon. Email or call (973) 302-4956 for details.